Put down that map
and get wonderfully lost.
안녕하세요! My name is Emily. I love dogs, cats, wolves, primates, soccer and bubble tea. I am also an instaddict!

Instagram: lucysgrandchild
Leave a Comment!
like it?

stats
Basecodes TeaCakeHouse.
Get a hit counter from http://hitcounterstats.com/ or google for more sites and add it here!

Day 11 I Cannot Forget

I was so thankful to have met some people today during orientation.
---
I headed over to SNUE to meet this man who runs a charity programme which involves coaching young children.
He said he would introduce me to a women's team if they came down. They didn't come eventually so i joined the kids for awhile and ended up playing full field with men for about half an hour. I think they are the best players i have seen in real life. Speed, control, technique, vision, skill and composure -  they had it all. It was intense, but i was in awe as i saw how they handled the ball as though it was a mere extension of their feet. Anyway, I played as a forward and i only touched the ball twice.

I know i cannot compare my standard with theirs but again, i am disappointed with the way i played. I am never satisfied. I ended the session feeling very negative and i took out my camera while walking around Naksongdae to get my mind off stuff. I thought i could forget about the stress and being unable to go beyond my limits, but i couldn't. I cannot play without thinking about the situation i am in. I still cannot play without fear.

I have so much to do. I have so much to learn. As much as i want to just let my hair down and truly enjoy the game, I cannot forget.

(the entire session was really awkward for me because they are MEN and i was the only female around. The disparity in skill level also made me feel quite shitty. )








---

I went for a cup of coffee at a cafe(mainly to use their wifi) near Naksongdae station before leaving for my next destination. 





Cappuccino, 3000 won

----
Feeling emotional after the training session






---
I had Dakgomtang, one of my favourite Korean dishes, at a restaurant near Naksongdae Station.


Dakgomtang, 7000 won

---

I went for a night run around the campus to run it off.
It was a test of mental strength with the slopes and unknown distance.

Labels: , ,


0 Comments:



Post a Comment

"Day 11 I Cannot Forget" was Posted On: Monday, June 25, 2012 @12:10 AM | 0 comments




« Older posts | Newer posts »




Basecodes TeaCakeHouse. All banners are made by Seoulo Traveller.