Put down that map
and get wonderfully lost.
안녕하세요! My name is Emily. I love dogs, cats, wolves, primates, soccer and bubble tea. I am also an instaddict!

Instagram: lucysgrandchild
Leave a Comment!
like it?

stats
Basecodes TeaCakeHouse.
Get a hit counter from http://hitcounterstats.com/ or google for more sites and add it here!

Day 27 Soccer + Running (Away)

Yesterday, i went all the way to the stated venue but i was told that the venue had been changed.
I had to travel back to the area where i came from, so it was a wasted trip. 
But i am very glad that i did not decide to go home and study for my morning test the next day.

Another girl and I got the chance to play with the men's team against their opponents.
I was told to play as a right midfielder.

I got the chance to play for about half an hour and thankfully, i made a few good through passes to the left midfielder and the striker.
I also totally missed the goal when i had the chance to shoot HAHAHA.
Most of the time i was running and also admiring people's skills. HAHA
I saw my team mate slice through the air and slot the ball into the goal with ease thereafter.
I also witnessed a very passionate team mate dance salsa routines with the ball as he moved down the flank, ending with a either shot on goal or a spectacular cross.
The defenders are fast and skilful. The ball seemed to like the chest of one of the defenders a lot.
They held the ball with composure and made decisive passes.
I am extremely grateful to the coach for giving me the opportunity to play and learn from others.
My team mates are all very encouraging and supportive.
I haven't felt so appreciated in a long time.

Thank you so much for the opportunity.

---

After the match, the coach spoke to my friend and i and he told us that they are thinking of forming a mixed team to join some league.
My eyes lit up immediately but something told me that i wasn't going to be here for long.
Oh right, i have a life to lead back in Singapore.
This thought clipped my wings of euphoria and my excitement dissipated into nonchalance.

It is a golden opportunity, but it is a forbidden one.

Then it dawned on me that it is very easy to run away.
It is easy to escape and start life anew somewhere.
When one door closes, another opens.
When our environment changes, we adapt accordingly.
You can just plan ahead, pack your bags, get an air ticket, get a job and start leading a new life somewhere else.
You meet new people, forge new relationships, and immerse yourself in a different culture and a new environment.
You can survive.

Sometimes i think i know why i like running.
It is one of the easiest things to do in life.
Sometimes it is even easier than walking.

With the wind in your face you swing your arms and open up your strides.
As you push off from the ground with every step you take, it is as though you are peeling away at the edges of reality.
The further you go, the larger the extent to which you tear it apart.
However, because we all return to where we started off eventually, it is but an illusion.

But when you run and never return,...

Running away is easy.
Forgetting is the difficult part.
You cannot forget that you have a family back home.
You cannot forget that your mother strikes off the days on the calendar every night, counting down to the date you return.




A tour around the area near my room :















Labels: ,


0 Comments:



Post a Comment

"Day 27 Soccer + Running (Away)" was Posted On: Friday, July 13, 2012 @3:38 AM | 0 comments




« Older posts | Newer posts »




Basecodes TeaCakeHouse. All banners are made by Seoulo Traveller.