Put down that map
and get wonderfully lost.
안녕하세요! My name is Emily. I love dogs, cats, wolves, primates, soccer and bubble tea. I am also an instaddict!

Instagram: lucysgrandchild
Leave a Comment!
like it?

stats
Basecodes TeaCakeHouse.
Get a hit counter from http://hitcounterstats.com/ or google for more sites and add it here!

Day 30 Yongcheon Market


I hopped onto the bus at the Bongwonsa stop.
I am not sure if there are two routes for this bus, it's better to ask the driver again if you are planning to return to Sinchon.

I was staring out of the window when they made an announcement, 'Yongcheon Shi Jang'.
I got up and alighted.
It was an impulsive decision to explore a neighbourhood market.



The bus stop is in the middle of the road and you will have to cross the road to get to the market. 
I kind of doubt anyone would specially visit this place because it is quite small for a market, but it is a great stopover point that you can probably complete within 30 minutes. (bus and train fares are much cheaper or free if you transfer within 30 minutes).
The market is about 200m long and they have stalls selling the usual food you can find in markets.
(blood sausages, pig trotters, potato pancakes, fried stuff, ...)

Some vendors dislike people to take pictures so i always try my best to be as discreet as possible.
When i started on this journey, i had a pack of 10 buns and one sausage roll in my bag.
At the end of the trip, the size of my inventory increased by 6 fried buns and a cheese bun.
A very bread-y day indeed.








---
The owner of this shop is so sweet!
She will smile and chat with her customers.
She asked asked me to sample the bread and asked me where i am from.

I bought one cheese bun(700won).
If i didn't already have 11 buns in my bag, i would definitely buy the pack of three(2000 won).



---




---
I kind of like the fried buns here because they are cheap (and very oily ):, sadly...) and i like plain buns.
I asked for one bun, but the lady said that they are sold in packs of six.
And... ...

6 buns cost...


1000won!!!

Holy shit, i couldn't believe it when she said 6 in korean and stuffed the bag with buns.
It is the best bread deal i have ever come across.

Markets are the best places to ind cheap and good bread.

Chain stores like Paris Baguette and Tour Les Jous (if i am not wrong) have stores at every corner.
They have decent-tasting buns, but it gets boring after a while.
I am bread lover, so i go around sampling buns.(mostly plain ones(croissants), ones with cheese fillings, sausage buns and occasionally custard puffs).







---








Labels: ,


0 Comments:



Post a Comment

"Day 30 Yongcheon Market" was Posted On: Saturday, July 14, 2012 @3:33 AM | 0 comments




« Older posts | Newer posts »




Basecodes TeaCakeHouse. All banners are made by Seoulo Traveller.