Put down that map
and get wonderfully lost.
안녕하세요! My name is Emily. I love dogs, cats, wolves, primates, soccer and bubble tea. I am also an instaddict!

Instagram: lucysgrandchild
Leave a Comment!
like it?

stats
Basecodes TeaCakeHouse.
Get a hit counter from http://hitcounterstats.com/ or google for more sites and add it here!

Day 34 Ewha Village and Naksan Park

My original plan was to visit Ewha Village to look at the murals, but i ended up exploring a wee bit of Naksan Park.

Walking through the residential area was especially enjoyable. I strolled through the area with Joshua in my hands. It was lunchtime and smells of home-cooked meals wafted out from the windows of the houses. Occasionally, an elderly man or woman would hobble out of his/her home to dump rubbish or head downhill. A very polite lady was bringing her unleashed furry friend out for a walk and she let me take pictures of the little one. I also eavesdropped (i wish!) on conversations in the houses as i sauntered along. It was as though i was being led by an invisible hand which gently held me by the wrist and brought me up the long flights of stairs. When we got to the top, the hand released its grip on me.

Before me was a stone wall that extended all the way downhill. I climbed a little more and when i looked up after ascending another two metres, my eyes widened with amazement.

I gasped at the sight before me:

I smiled and 'holy shit...' slipped out of my mouth. The pictures do not do the view any justice, i swear. You have to go up there, let summer breeze gently caress your face and stare for as long as you want at the precious city that is Seoul. I walked along the walls for about 400m before i turned back and headed back to Hyehwa station (to find a cafe to complete my homework).


To get to Ewha Village and Naksan Park:
1) Get out of exit 2 of Hyehwa station and walk for about 200m till you see this shit. HAHAHA


2) Turn left and walk along the walls of the school. You will pass Giverny Cafe and a mini mart:





3) I forgot which way i went when i saw the following sign, but the route up to the first mural that i saw (the one with the dog peeping out of a window) is a cemented slope that is pretty steep.
There is a handrail at the centre of the slope.
Anyways, i think as long as you keep going uphill, you will be able to find the area.



----------








I kept walking upwards from here on until i reached the top. The reward was a magnificent view of the city.









----------





















----------
Walking back.







My favourite picture of the lot.





























----------
I did my work at Giverny before i rushed back to school.



Cheesecake, 5000won. One of the better-tasting cheesecakes out of all the cheesecakes i have eaten here!

Iced Mocha Cappucino, 5500won


Labels: ,


4 Comments:

omg! Rooftop Prince shooting location! thank youuuu! Ive searched for so many blogs already but this one is the most helpful

By Anonymous catnipevrdn, at August 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM  

IT IS??? haha i watched the show but i didn't realise it! thanks!

By Blogger Unknown, at August 4, 2012 at 12:47 AM  

Emily, best blog ever!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM  

Thank you (:

By Blogger Unknown, at December 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM  



Post a Comment

"Day 34 Ewha Village and Naksan Park" was Posted On: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 @4:41 AM | 4 comments




« Older posts | Newer posts »




Basecodes TeaCakeHouse. All banners are made by Seoulo Traveller.