Put down that map
and get wonderfully lost.
안녕하세요! My name is Emily. I love dogs, cats, wolves, primates, soccer and bubble tea. I am also an instaddict!

Instagram: lucysgrandchild
Leave a Comment!
like it?

stats
Basecodes TeaCakeHouse.
Get a hit counter from http://hitcounterstats.com/ or google for more sites and add it here!

Day 36 Namsangol Hanok Village

In Namsangol Hanok Village, there are 'five well-preserved Hanok Buildings, protected as folk data by the city government... The original residents of the house varied from a high-ranking military officer to a carpenter so visitors can easily recognise the differences according to social status.'
It is closed on Tuesdays.

To get to Namsangol Hanok Village, take the subway to Chungmuro station.
Walk up exit 3, make a 180 degree turn.
Walk straight and turn left around Holly's Coffee.

Admission to Namsangol Hanok Village is free and i suppose that is why a lot of tour agencies include this place in their itineraries.
I went there on a Thursday and there were many tourists.

The village offers a variety of cultural programs such as Hanbok wearing, writing in Hangul, making a mini (paper) Hanbok, making a traditional fan, etc.
I chose to make a mini Hanbok because it is one of the cheaper ones.
It was more like a session for me to practise speaking Korean with the instructor though. HAHA

I was also really fortunate to be able to participate in the Tradiitonal Medicine Experience Event.
The poster says that it is only held from June to Mid-August.
It is a consists of a small-scale medical check-up where they use a modern machine to measure your blood pressure, a consultation session with a physician and medicine dispensing.
During the consultation with the physician, i was asked if i had any underlying medical conditions. 
I mentioned that i have a blocked nose most of the time until i started using nasal sprays.
She told me that she will be 'using small needles'.
Then, she stuck the mini acupuncture needles onto my feet, my hands and onto both sides of my nose.
So that was the first time i experienced acupuncture treatment.
I was given four packets of powder to be mixed with water and consumed after meals for two days.
I haven't tried it yet but i will try it when i get back to Singapore.
...and probably add a tear or two into the medicine as i reminisce about the trip... )': 





 









Mini Hanbok experience program, 3000won.
All the materials have been prepared beforehand so it's basically just pasting pieces of paper onto the cardboard.






----------
Traditional Korean Medicine Tourism Experience Event











----------


Signed my name on the guestbook at the craft exhibition and souvenir shop.




This room is especially interesting to me because it reminds me of how i study for my tests.




---------
Time capsule.
To be opened long after all those who are reading this are no longer alive.










0 Comments:



Post a Comment

"Day 36 Namsangol Hanok Village" was Posted On: Saturday, July 21, 2012 @11:25 PM | 0 comments




« Older posts | Newer posts »




Basecodes TeaCakeHouse. All banners are made by Seoulo Traveller.